As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Shun #ad
Shun Classic Combination Honing Steel; Keep Blades Sharper Longer; Maintain Both Daily and Weekly Care With Smooth and Micro-Ribbed Honing Surfaces; Premium PakkaWood Handle With Built-In Angle Guide #adShun #ad
- Shun classic combination honing steel gently realigns blade edge which naturally bends a tiny bit with each use; regular honing ensures the sharp edge of the knife is always in contact with food.
Pakkawood handle ensures secure grip and ebony finish matches the Shun Classic series of knives; built-in angle guide matches Shun’s 16 blade angle, making it easy to hone at the correct angle.
The 9-inch stainless steel rod is crafted with two honing surfaces: a smooth surface for everyday care, and a micro-ribbed surface, suitable for weekly care. A beautiful and essential addition to any shun Cutlery collection, newlywed, parent, wife, husband, homeowner, this Classic piece is a handsome gift for a host, hostess, grandparent, chef and cook.
Shun’s hard, incredibly sharp steel blades mean honing is only required about once a week, depending on the user’s level of use; maintain perfect blade care with Shun’s Honing Steel.
2. Shun #ad
9-Inch, Shun TDM0790 Premier Combination Honing Steel #adShun #ad
- Clean with a damp cloth and let air dry. Walnut laminated PakkaWood d-shaped handle provides maximum comfort. Combination honing steel features smooth surface for everyday honing, micro-ribbed surface for weekly maintenance.
Place steel tip down on a sturdy surface, gently pull blade down from heel to tip 3-4 times and repeat on the other side. 9-inch premier combination honing steel by shun to maintain blade between professional sharpening.
3. Shun #ad
Shun Sora 9-Inch Combination Honing Steel with Smooth Surface and Micro-Ribbed Surface for Daily and Weekly Honing; Secure Handle and Built-In Angle Honing Guide for Accurate Sharpening Technique #adShun #ad
- Use the combination honing steel to make sure Shun knives are cutting at peak perfection before preparing for holidays, parties, date nights, supper clubs, brunch, happy hour or family dinners.
Honing is not the same as sharpening; honing realigns the knife to its original, straight edge but doesn’t sharpen; Shun provides free re-sharpening on Shun knives if needed. Built-in, easy-to-use angle guide on handle makes it simple to hone Shun knives to the correct 16-degree angle.
Whether using on paring knives, utility knives or chef’s knives, the Combination Honing Steel is an ideal tool to ensure Shun kitchen knives are operating at maximum efficiency. With each use and over time, while the edge is still sharp, the edge of a knife slightly bends and, it is not in a proper position for efficient cutting; Shun Sora Honing Steel properly realigns the blade.
4. Shun #ad
Shun Classic Blonde 9” Combination Honing Steel, Helps Maintain Knife Sharpness and Edge DM0790W #adShun #ad
- This steel rod features two surfaces: a smooth one for day-to-day honing and a textured one for weekly honing. Functions equally well with carbon and stainless knives, paring, or with any knife shaped for slicing, and utility.
Smooth honing surfaces gently fold the edge of your culinary knives back into position, while the ribbed surfaces provide more dramatic correction with minimal force. Frequent honing counteracts the natural folding of your steel edge without removing metal.
The beautifully modern, blonde pakkaWood handle perfectly matches the Shun Classic Blonde line of knives and provides a durable, moisture-resistant grip that won't harbor bacteria. It gently realigns the edge of the blade, prolonging your knife’s sharpness. Sturdy, stainless steel construction puts the health of your knives first.
5. Shun #ad
Extends Sharpness of Knives; Two Honing Surfaces; Built-In Angle Guide for Easy, Shun Kanso 9-Inch Combination Honing Steel; Gently Realigns Blade Edge, Precise Honing; Contoured Tagayasan Wood Handle #adShun #ad
- Regular honing of knives prolongs blade sharpness and extends time before re-sharpening; due to the hardness of the premium steel Shun uses, blades need less regular honing than European knives.
To maintain the precise 16-degree blade angle of all Shun knives, the honing steel has a built-in angle guide on the tagayasan wood handle; tagayasan is known as “iron sword wood” in Japan.
High-performance precision cutlery requires regular honing to maintain optimum edge sharpness; with each use, the knife’s edge naturally bends over slightly, resulting in a loss of cutting precision.
The shun kanso combination honing Steel has two surfaces: a smoother surface for day-to-day honing and a micro-ribbed surface for weekly maintenance honing. Shun’s kanso combination honing steel gently realigns micro-bends along the blade edge for easier, peeling, dicing, chopping, more efficient slicing, cutting, mincing and precision cuts.
6. Shun #ad
Use Weekly and Monthly to Keep Knives Sharp, Helps Maintain Blade Edge, Shun Steel Satin Combination Honing, 9 inch #adShun #ad
- Hone regularly to maintain the sharpness of your knife. Handle material is satin steel with a rod length of 9 inches, handle length of 4. 75 inches. Fits most knife blocks. Built-in angle guide makes precision honing easy. Stainless steel with smooth and micro ribbed sides.
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
7. Shun #ad
TDMS2200K, Handcrafted Japanese Cutlery for Any Kitchen, Shun 2 Piece Premier Build A-Block Knife Set with Bonus Honing Steel #adShun #ad
- 8-in. This beautiful set provides key kitchen essentials?with room to grow your collection. Combination Honing Steel made in China. 6-slot slimline Bamboo Block made in China. Chef's Knife.
8. Shun #ad
And 6 Slot Knife Block , 3 Piece Set with Chef's, Light Brown, Honing Steel, Shun Kanso #adShun #ad
- Honing steel has two honing surfaces: smooth for everyday honing; micro-ribbed for weekly care. Set includes: 8-in. Handcrafted in Japan. Heritage finish hides scratches, gives Kansu a rustic look that just improves with age. Chef's knife, combination honing steel, and Slim Line 6-slot block.
9. Shun #ad
Combination Honing Steel, 6-Slot Slimline Block; Build A Perfect Set, Shun Cutlery Classic 3-Piece Build-A-Block Set; Includes 8-inch Chef’s Knife, Provides Key Kitchen Essentials with Room to Grow #adShun #ad
- Ideal starter block set: host, dads, homeowners, families, aspiring chef, husband, newlyweds, cooks, chefs, moms, grandparents, wife, hostess, entertainers and more. Combination honing steel has a built-in angle guide that makes precision honing easy and gently realigns the edge of the blade prolonging the knife’s sharpness; two surfaces: smooth and micro-ribbed.
Take mundane tasks from boring to exciting with Shun’s knives, make prep work fun again; advanced, strong Japanese heritage, high-performance steel, handcrafting and hand sharpening make these knives unbeatable.
Truly a does-it-all kitchen knife, the 8-inch chef’s Knife is an all-purpose blade ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks; curved belly allows knife to be rocked; wide blade helps transfer foods.
3-piece build-a-block set allows users to build a perfect personal set of Shuns; the set comes with two essential tools and leaves four open slots in the beautifully crafted Slimline Bamboo Block.